Connect with us

NEWS

Bill O’Reilly Denies New Sexual Harassment Claims. Gretchen Carlson’s Response Is Perfect

The New York Times revealed on Saturday that disgraced Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly had privately settled a previously undisclosed sexual harassment claim for $32 million right before Fox renewed his last contract, a contract that increased his salary to $25 million per year, despite their knowledge of a previous $45 million worth of harassment settlements made on O’Reilly’s behalf.

O’Reilly has denied the new charges in the NY Times‘ report, posting this on Twitter:

Within minutes, former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson, who filed a sexual harassment lawsuit last year against Roger Ailes and Fox News, issued this response:

“Nobody pays $32m for false allegations – nobody.”

Carlson also said during an appearance on CNN Sunday that the new revelations of Fox News renewing Bill O’Reilly‘s contract a month after he reached a $32 million settlement are “outrageous.”

“I think it’s horrifying and outrageous,” she told host Brian Stelter, “that any company after dismissing somebody for allegations such as that would not only re-sign a contract, but allow that person to come back on the air.”

Stelter asked her if Fox News has really “made changes” in that time period, given the O’Reilly report. Carlson said, “I think this is the corporate culture, Brian, that we were dealing with before July 6, 2016, in so many ways.”

Watch the video below, via CNN:

Click to comment

TRENDING

More in NEWS