Connect with us

NEWS

Trump Trashes The FBI, Suggests 10% Of Agents ‘Are Not Great People’ During Speech At FBI’s Training Academy

President Donald Trump on Friday slammed the FBI as he was leaving the White House for the agency’s campus in Quantico, Va., where he delivered a speech to new graduates from the FBI training program.

“It’s a shame what’s happened with the FBI. But we’re going to rebuild the FBI; it’ll be bigger and better than ever,” Trump told reporters, according to The Hill.

Trump complained that revelations about the FBI’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation and text messages from a top agent that were critical of him were “really, really disgraceful.”

“You have a lot of very angry people who are seeing it,” the president said. “It’s a very sad thing to watch, I will tell you that.”

Minutes later, Trump appeared on stage at the academy with FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the graduation ceremony.

During the speech, the president suggested that not all of law enforcement consists of “great people.”

“You are great people doing an incredible job,” he said. “But I hope your families know that. I’d say 90 percent, probably 90 percent are great, right? The other 10 percent, that’s not working out so well,” he added, according to Newsweek.

The president then told the new agents that he had nothing to do with Russia’s election-related activities.

“Let’s put it this way: there is absolutely no collusion. That’s been proven,” Trump said.

“I didn’t make a phone call to Russia,” he added. “Even Democrats admit there was no collusion.”

Trump’s comments come as special counsel Robert Mueller is working through his investigation into Russia’s election interference and whether the Trump campaign had any ties to it.

In recent weeks, the president and his Republican allies in Congress have escalated their attacks on the nation’s top law enforcement agency and special counsel Robert Mueller, in an effort to discredit the FBI’s integrity and stop the Russia probe.

Click to comment

Follow Us On Facebook

More in NEWS