Andrew McCabe Just Hinted a Bold Move Against Trump For Maligning Him
According to multiple media reports Friday, former deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe is planning to go after the Trump administration with a multimillion-dollar lawsuit for defamation and wrongful termination.
McCabe’s lawyer Michael Bromwich told reporters that McCabe is also considering filing other civil claims, according to Axios.
He said that the legal team hasn’t yet figured out when they’re going to file the lawsuits and is working on making them “solid.”
“We’ll file when we’re ready,” Bromwich said, according to Axios.
The attorney also announced the launch of a legal defense fund for McCabe, and hopes to transfer the money raised for McCabe’s legal costs through a crowdfunding campaign started after his March firing to the official fund.
Bromwich also accused opponents of McCabe, like President Trump, of “continuing slander.”
Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe earlier this year after an inspector general claimed he made an unauthorized disclosure to the media and was not being forthcoming with federal investigators.
McCabe denied the allegations and said that he was being targeted in an effort to undermine special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian election interference.
Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz released the report last week of McCabe’s conduct at the FBI, alleging that he authorized a leak to the press to “advance his personal interests” and misled investigators about the matter. Trump called the report a “disaster” for McCabe.
Horowitz issued a criminal referral to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in D.C. Thursday related to McCabe’s conduct that his attorney called “unjustified.”