Dem Presidential Candidate Buys Out Ad On Fox News To Bash ‘Racist’ Trump
Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro released a new ad on Tuesday where he addresses Donald Trump directly and calls him out for inciting the mass shooting that left 22 people dead and dozens more injured in El Paso, Texas earlier this month.
Castro released the ad on his Twitter account but he also bought out ad space on Fox News to make sure Trump actually sees it. It will air during “Fox & Friends,” a show the president is known to watch frequently.
“President Trump,” Castro says as the ad begins. “You referred to countries as shitholes. You urged American congresswomen to ‘go back to where they came from.’ You called immigrants rapists.”
“As we saw in El Paso, Americans were killed because you stoked the fire of racists,” he added. “Innocent people were shot down because they looked different from you. Because they look like me. They look like my family.”
Castro was referring to reports that stated that the El Paso shooter had the racist motive to go down there to murder Mexican immigrants.
“Donald Trump’s hateful rhetoric inspired the largest violent attack on the Latinx community in history,” Castro’s campaign manager, Maya Rupert, said in a statement. “Yet, even in the wake of this attack his campaign continues to use words like ‘invasion’ to describe immigrants, and attacks two of the most prominent Latino politicians. Julián isn’t afraid of Donald Trump or his bigoted agenda, and will continue to expose his racism and division until he defeats him next November.”
Take a look at the video clip below:
— Julián Castro (@JulianCastro) August 13, 2019