Connect with us

Uncategorized

Kellyanne Conway: ‘Mass Shootings Are Not Valid Reason To Ban AR-15s’

White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway on Sunday defended President Donald Trump’s backtrack on strengthening background checks in the wake of a series of mass shootings in August, saying the killing of civilians should not be used as an “excuse” to confiscate semi-automatic weapons from gun enthusiasts.

After initially saying he supported universal background check legislation in the wake of shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, Trump has since backed off of the idea, after taking a call in which National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre told him the organization would not support the idea.

Conway defended the president by saying: “We’re not going to allow bad actors who should not have firearms in the first place to be the excuse for a bunch of liberals and socialists to confiscate firearms from law-abiding citizens who have legally procured them,” Conway told “Fox News Sunday” guest host Bill Hemmer.

“I’m not going to allow people who are constantly maligning and deriding our law enforcement to be in charge of public safety [and] public policy,” Conway added, offering no specifics.

She then blasted former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) for vowing to confiscate AR-15s in last week’s Democratic debate.

Watch the video below:


Don't miss the latest Political Digs. Sign up for our daily email:


Click to comment
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement Enter ad code here

More in Uncategorized