Connect with us

Military

Trump Calls U.S. Forces “My Military”, Leon Panetta’s Response Is Perfect

On Thursday, U.S. forces dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb on an ISIS tunnel complex in Afghanistan. Following the report, president Donald was asked if he authorized the use of the MOAB (Mother of All Bombs). His response has raised some eyebrows.

As expected, Trump called the strike a “very, very successful mission” but offered no evidence that it was a success.

“Everybody knows exactly what happened and what I do is I authorize my military. I have the greatest military in the world and they’ve done their job as usual. So, I have given them total authorization,” Trump said after meeting with first responders at the White House on Thursday.

Trump did not provide further details on the operation.

But it was not the lack of details that concerned reporters —they know Trump is clueless about foreign policy. What caught everyone’s attention was when Trump referred to the U.S. forces as “my military.”

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews asked former CIA director Leon Penetta about Trump’s assumption that the U.S. armed forces are “his military.”

“The military belongs to the country,” Penetta said. “Our defense system belongs to the country, and it’s not the president’s military,” he added.

Watch Penetta’s interview in the video below:

Thursday’s bomb comes on the heels of last week’s missile strike on an empty Syrian airbase, which Trump authorized in response to what U.S. intelligence officials said was a chemical attack carried out by the Syrian regime.

Trump’s bombing campaign coincides with explosive revelations concerning the FBI investigation into the Trump’s team collusion with the Russian government to tilt the election in Trump’s favor.


Don't miss the latest Political Digs. Sign up for our daily email:


Click to comment

More in Military