Connect with us

Political Dig

Majority Of Americans Want Trump Removed From Office ASAP, New Poll Reveals


Majority Of Americans Want Trump Removed From Office ASAP, New Poll Reveals

Most Americans in a new survey said the best response to Donald Trump’s reckless actions as president would be to remove him from office, even without impeachment.

In the new poll conducted by the Harvard University’s Center for American Political Studies and research marketing firm Harris Insights and Analytics, 43 percent of respondents said Trump should be removed from office now or be impeached ASAP while 42 percent said nothing should be done and 12 percent said he should be censured by Congress.

Trump’s erratic behavior and multiple investigations into Trump’s campaign possible collusion with Russia, combined with Trump’s polarizing remarks on the violence in Charlottesville, VA, and a series of high-level administration dismissals has increased talk of removing the president and some politicians have already begun the process or declared their intentions to do so.

However, Many Trump supporters have threatened a civil war should such an action occur.

“Try to impeach him. Just try it. You will have a spasm of violence—an insurrection—in this country like you have never seen before…. Both sides are heavily armed, my friend,” Roger Stone, a Trump close ally, told TMZ Wednesday.

While Republican control of Congress seriously diminishes the possibility of impeachment, the Public Religion Research Institute said Trump’s odds of being kicked out grew to 40 percent this month, NBC reported. Another institution, Irish bookmaker Paddy Power, placed the chances of Trump quitting before being removed at 60 percent and has collected the bets to back it up.

Further speculation has been fueled by Democratic Representative Steve Cohen of Tennessee, who announced last week he planned to introduce articles of impeachment.

The survey also showed that most rejected another reason that many are calling for Trump’s removal: the ongoing investigations into his ties to Russia. Officials have long accused Trump of illicitly working with Moscow to secure the victory over his opponent, Democrat Hillary Clinton, in the 2016 race.

Click to comment

More in BOOYAH



To Top