Mark Sanford Announces Challenge To Donald Trump In 2020
GOP Congressman Mark Sanford announced on Sunday that he will challenge President Donald Trump in 2020 as a Republican.
“I’m here to tell you now that I am going to get in,” the former South Carolina governor said on “Fox News Sunday.”
Sanford said last week that he was focused on Hurricane Dorian would wait until after the storm had passed to announce his decision on a White House bid.
Sanford previously said he would give himself until Labor Day to make a choice.
Since announcing his potential White House bid, the former lawmaker has visited New Hampshire and Iowa, causing further speculation that he would launch a campaign.
–This is a developing story and will be updated.