A neo-Nazi who participated in the “Unite the Right” Charlottesville rally insists he isn’t “a coward” despite video that shows him crying after learning a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Christopher Cantwell, a 36-year-old self-proclaimed fascist, was recently featured in a Vice News video about Charlottesville, where he anticipated more violence at the white supremacists’ next rally, saying: “I think a lot more people are going to die before we’re done here.”
“We’re not non-violent, we’ll f***ing kill these people if we have to,” he said before complaining that President Donald Trump wasn’t racist enough.
Well, on Wednesday, Cantwell recorded video of himself discussing the fact that a warrant was issued for his arrest after the rally in Virginia. That video, in which Cantwell wipes away tears as he talks about the events that occurred during and after the violent rally, quickly went viral.
But now the neo-Nazi from New Hampshire is fighting against claims of cowardice.
“Please be careful. I’m willing to fight and die with you. I’m not a coward. But we are not prepared for the conflict we are about to walk into,” he wrote in a message on the social network Gab.
“Yeah, cause cowards and feds always jump into brawls risking life, limb, and liberty for the white race,” Cantwell also wrote.
On his personal website, he claimed to be just “outside of Virginia, preparing to turn myself in to the University of Virginia Police.” Cantwell also complained that many of his online accounts had been deactivated or suspended — including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and PayPal.
“Money is not easy either,” he wrote. “PayPal was the most important part of my financial life, and it has now shut me out.”
Cantwell — who once said his goal was to “normalize racism” — said the media and businesses were treating him unfairly.
Watch the video below: