Connect with us

NEWS

North Korea Continues To Be A Threat As They Laugh And Reject A Trump Proposal To Begin Denuclearization

A new report revealed on Wednesday that North Korea has rejected a proposal from the Trump administration to begin the denuclearization process.

According to Vox, this isn’t the first time the country rejects proposal. In the past to months Pyongyang has rejected the timeline several times as the two countries continue to negotiate over North Korea’s nuclear program.

The report states that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo offered a proposal to North Korea that would require them to hand over 60 to 70 percent of its nuclear warheads to a third party within six to eight months.

Despite Trump celebrating his summit with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un and claiming that the country is no longer a threat, his own administration hasn’t brought out the confetti just yet.

“The ultimate timeline for denuclearization will be set by Chairman Kim, at least in part,” Pompeo told Channel NewsAsia in an interview last week.

“The decision is his. He made a commitment, and we’re very hopeful that over the coming weeks and months we can make substantial progress towards that and put the North Korean people on a trajectory towards a brighter future very quickly.”

White House national security adviser John Bolton told Fox News on Tuesday that “North Korea that has not taken the steps we feel are necessary to denuclearize.”

RELATED: Trump Declares Victory, Blasts Media And Calls Himself ‘Favorite President’ In Raging Tweetstorm


Don't miss the latest Political Digs. Sign up for our daily email:


Click to comment
Advertisement
Advertisement

More in NEWS