Russian Officials Contradict Donald Trump’s Claim On Personnel In Venezuela
Another day, another Trump lie exposed. On Monday, President Donald Trump said that the Kremlin has “removed most of their people” from Venezuela. But on Tuesday, Russian officials contradicted Trump’s claim, saying that its military specialists were still working in the South American nation.
“By all appearances, it’s a circumstantial reference to newspaper sources of information, because there was no official message about this from the Russian side and there couldn’t be one,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, according to Reuters. “There really are Russian specialists who service hardware that’s been previously delivered and that process is going according to plan.”
“I don’t know what the tweet is a reaction to, better to find out from the American side,” Reskov said.
Members of the Trump administration, including national security adviser John Bolton and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have repeatedly blamed Russia for propping up Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s government.
Here’s Trump’s tweet:
Russia has informed us that they have removed most of their people from Venezuela.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 3, 2019
Share your thoughts.