The Next Two Years Will Be The Equivalent Of a Rectal Exam For Trump, Conservative CNN Host Says
Conservative CNN Host S.E. Cupp warned on Saturday that things aren’t going to be so easy for President Donald Trump after Democrats take control of the House of Representatives next year, following the midterm election results from earlier this month.
“Governing is hard work and it’s about to get harder without Republicans controlling all the levers,” S.E. Cupp said, adding that “with Democrats retaking the House the next two years will be the equivalent of a rectal exam for Trump.”
The conservative political commentator also warned that Trump’s reported “three-hour workday is over.”
Pointing to “the deluge of investigations,” his “shrinking base” of supporters and the president’s reported lack of trust for many working in his administration, Cupp argued that the next couple years will be significantly more difficult for the president. “All this means Trump 1.0 is likely to return and with a vengeance,” she argued.
Trump has previously called Cupp “one of the dumber pundits” on TV and “a totally biased loser who doesn’t have a clue,” despite her conservative views.
In a 2016 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the CNN host discussed her relationship with Trump, quipping: “He’s never grabbed my genitalia.” She was apparently referencing a leaked recording of the president’s offhand remarks about women, which included: “grab them by the pussy.”
A rift arose between Trump and the pundit after she blasted his December 2015 call for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,” while he was still just a presidential candidate. “ Peddling this unconstitutional, un-American, un-conservative garbage has got to stop,” Cupp admonished at the time.
CNN has been the most prominent target of Trump’s attacks against the media, with the president consistently referring to the network as “fake news CNN.”
Earlier this month, the president clashed with the network’s chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta, ordering the removal of his press pass following a now-viral exchange. Taking the Trump administration to court, CNN managed to temporarily restore Acosta’s pass after a Friday ruling by Judge Timothy J. Kelly, who was appointed by Trump.