Things Just Took A Bad Turn For Republicans In NC After Election Fraud Reports
As investigations into potential election fraud in North Carolina have begun, Democrat Dan McCready decided to join back into the race on Thursday when he announced he would be withdrawing his concession in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District.
McCready took to Twitter where he shared a video calling out his GOP opponent Mark Harris to come clean on what he knew about the potential election fraud.
“Today, I withdraw my concession to Mark Harris,” McCready said in the video while calling on his GOP opponent “to tell us exactly what he knew and when he knew it.”
I didn’t serve overseas in the Marines to come home to NC and watch a criminal, bankrolled by my opponent, take away people’s very right to vote. Today I withdraw my concession and call on Mark Harris to end his silence and tell us exactly what he knew, and when. pic.twitter.com/2hcT00DVhQ
— Dan McCready for NC (@McCreadyForNC) December 6, 2018
McCready had initially conceded to Harris after losing the election to Harris by 905 points. But the bombshell report that was released earlier this week about voter suppression has prompted an investigation and McCready has decided to rejoin the race.
The probe is centered on an unusually high number of absentee ballots requests in Bladen County as well as a high number of unreturned ballots, and canvassers who illegally collected ballots from a number of voters.
“Over the last week, we have seen the criminal activity come to light, and we have seen that my opponent Mark Harris has bankrolled this criminal activity,” McCready told Charlotte television station WSOC-TV on Thursday in announcing that he would withdraw his concession.