Watch: Trump Lashes Out At Reporter After All Networks Ban His Racist Ad
A triggered Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at a reporter who questioned one of his campaign ads that has been deemed “racist” by every network.
CNN over the weekend ripped the ad as “racist,” saying the network declined the opportunity to be paid to air the ad.
“CNN has made it abundantly clear in its editorial coverage that this ad is racist,” the network tweeted. “When presented with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad, we declined. Those are the facts.”
Fox News on Monday announced that it has pulled President Trump’s controversial immigration advertisement from its airwaves.
Marianne Gambelli, president of ad sales at Fox News, told The Hill that the network on Sunday decided to pull the ad, which has been widely criticized for stoking anti-immigrant anxieties using false or misleading messages.
“Upon further review, FOX News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either FOX News Channel or FOX Business Network,” Gambelli said in an emailed statement.
The ad has appeared on Fox networks multiple times in the past week.
NBC earlier on Monday announced that it would pull the ad after facing pushback for airing it during “Sunday Night Football.”
“After further review, we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have decided to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible,” NBCUniversal said in a statement Monday morning.
The ad links the migrant caravan heading toward the southern border with Luis Bracamontes, a man accused of killing two police officers. The ad accuses Democrats of seeking to bring people like Bracamontes into the U.S., particularly through the caravan.
The ad connects increased immigration with increased levels of crime, though a number of studies have indicated there is not a link between the two. As immigrant populations in the U.S. have grown for decades, violent crime in the country has declined.
Prior to a campaign event on Monday, a reporter pointed out to Trump that all three major news networks — CNN, MSNBC and Fox News — had banned the ad, which falsely stokes fear about a caravan of migrants invading the southern U.S. border.
“I don’t know about it,” Trump shrugged in response. “We have a lot of ads and they certainly are effective based on the numbers that we’re seeing.”
The president also indicated that he was not concerned about the offensive nature of the ad.
“A lot of things are offensive,” he said. “Your questions are offensive a lot of times. So, you know.”
Watch the video below.
NEW: "We have a lot of ads," Pres. Trump says when asked about controversy over anti-immigration ad. "They certainly are effective, based on the numbers that we're seeing." "A lot of things are offensive," he says on criticism that ad is offensive. "Your questions are offensive." pic.twitter.com/ljTjjdnUz7
— World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) November 5, 2018
Trump has homed in on the migrant caravan ahead of the midterm elections, calling it an “invasion” even as reports indicate its numbers are dwindling significantly and it is hundreds of miles from the border.